This is a beginner’s guide on our wordpress website for future admins.
To access the main control area, go to www.madridhhh.com/wp-admin/ and log in.
You can look around all you want but please don’t make any changes you’re not sure about.
Each run should be posted in the “Posts” option, they are stored like a blog entry.
- There is a run post template that you might want to “Clone” and fill the rest of the gaps for faster posting on the “All Posts” option.
- Posts (in this case, run directions) will be automatically sent by email to our yahoo group, make sure the information is correct before posting or you’ll have to manually send another mail with the corrections. The google link must be written, not hidden in a word, or else the email will not display it. (example: https://goo.gl/maps/bgZC3uz7Ns62)
- The Yoast SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) tool you can find below your message area when making a new post will help you see how that post will look like in Google and Facebook, just in case you wanna edit the title, description or even add a picture to it (for better promotion on Social Media).
Each normal page such as “home”, “hareline”, “hash commandments…” is posted in the “Pages” option.
- New pages will not magically appear on the main menu, to see how it’s done, go to the “Appearance” description below.
- They will also not be sent via email or facebook, if you want to make sure the hash community knows about it, share it yourself.
The “Media” option stores all our website’s images, pdfs….
The “Feedback” option is disabled.
The “Contact” option stores a contact form, it shouldn’t be touched unless we want a new one
The “Email Posts” option is in charge of automatically send any new posts via email.
The “Appearance” option changes the way you see the content on the website, any changes here will be visible, if you make a new page, and you want it to be in the main menu, go to Appearance>Customize>Menus>Primary and add the new page to the menu or sub-menu you want it to be.
The “plugins” option stores apps to customize our website with some extras such as the “Email posts” the “pictures slider or Smart Slider”, adding plugins could help with more tools we might want in the future.
The “Elementor” option is mainly in charge of displaying the MadridHHH logo and header, although it’s a powerful tool to customize other areas of the website.
The “Jetpack” option is in charge of sharing the new posts on the MadridHHH public page.
The “Users” option will display the admins of the website, we can also designate people who can have less power than the admins so they are only able to edit posts for instance, that might be useful in the future.